I was reading this article on how to hit more fairways earlier today. I found it to contain some pretty good advice. Here’s a recap of the tips:
- Focus on rythm and swinging with your full body
- Find a ball flight that works as a “go to” shot that will hit the fairway every time.
- Finish the swing looking at the target
- FIND A DRIVER THAT FITS YOUR SWING
- Known when to leave the driver in the bag (course management 101)
- Visualize the shot before stepping up to the ball
- Experiment with tee height, and adjust it during the round to encourage low/high trajectory
- PRACTICE WITH A LAUNCH MONITOR
I obviously found a couple of the key points more compelling than the others. Finding a driver that truly “fits” and then measuring angle of attack, spin rate, launch angle, etc. is good advice that many golfers, sadly, tend to ignore. Let’s try something different! Stop by the shop and talk about getting fitted for a driver that truly fits your swing. Let’s hit the fairway with a lot greater frequency this golf season.